5.00 star(s) 13 Votes
Apr 14, 2019
Agreed on the first part, but please consider implementing some (optional) goblin scenes for the greater degenerates among us. :D
I agree , having the option is best, I don't want to share my waifus but in the same time I have played and enjoyed brilliant goblin games, but I can't stand guro or snuff content , I want healthy and happy waifus, unfortunately I couldn't watch Goblin no suana because of the snuff. Please garbage.kun-dono no killing the girls .

garbage.kun

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2018
The current content is awesome. I love the disparity between the Sisters parasitic/malicious character and her sweet/caring demeanor. The whole premise with the mother and her daughters, who appear to be beings from another dimension, slowly corrupting the mc to be less human as the story goes on and suppressing his memories and emotions is really well executed.

One main gripe I have is that after the Chapters with the Human Girl, I tried to proceed with the Sister Chapters but misclicked on the first chapter (the Intro). Afterwards I pressed "quit Replay" but was redirected to the main menu instead of the Throne Room and, because I did not save, will have to play the story again from the beginning. I trust that things like autosaves and a proper menu with functions like skip etc will be implemented later?

Anyways, this is a terrific and interesting start and I would love to see more. By far the most engaging visual novel I have read on this site in a long time. The writing style is also very good with some small mistakes and the text appears much slower than the average reading speed, an option for that would be great.
I also love the slight teasing and intimacy with the Sister, but please let us fuck her at some point.

One the other hand, please no Goblin Sex. I mean, you can do that obviously, but I would love to have the option to avoid it, by any means necessary.

Hi, first of all, thanks for enjoying the game :D I'm glad you find it interesting.

The "End replay" should have returned you to the chapter select screen, so thanks for reporting the bug :D I'll check it right now (I got a hunch where the bug is)

Skip menu, and text speed is already implemented for the next update and looks to be good to go :

As for autosaves, I'll have to double check how to implement them, but doubt it should be difficult (I hope), and it should also be in the next update

I'm glad you enjoyed the writing...which is to be honest the part I struggled most hahaha:D

As for the Sister, she is one of the main love interest, and she will have some sex scene with the MC. But, plot wise, it really doesn't make any sense for her to have sex at this point, or in the very near future.

at least, if I could put these plot points into writing :(

Agreed on the first part, but please consider implementing some (optional) goblin scenes for the greater degenerates among us. :D

I agree , having the option is best, I don't want to share my waifus but in the same time I have played and enjoyed brilliant goblin games, but I can't stand guro or snuff content , I want healthy and happy waifus, unfortunately I couldn't watch Goblin no suana because of the snuff. Please garbage.kun-dono no killing the girls .
As for the Goblins stuff, here's how it is in my plan:
  • If/when it's implemented, it would be the player's choice whether the MC wants to keep the girl or if he is willing to trade her for some favor. This means that it would be possible (if/when the story reaches that point) to trade a certain girl to another party (not necessarily just goblins) for resource/influence.
  • I am not a person who finds guro to be...enticing. There will be no guro/death content, even implicitly. But, on the other hand, I also find the trope of "the heroine becomes a nympho for the goblins" to be implausible (at least without mind control hehehe). So it would probably be somewhere between those two extremes.

please note that this doesn't mean that absolutely no heroines will die in this story, but if it did got to that point, it would be avoidable, and only occur in certain branch. What I meant is that there would be no gratuitous death scene where the objective of the scene is to ...bask in the grotesque.

on the other hand, some unpleasant things might happen to the heroine (example : the stabbing in the prologue) to establish character or the danger of the situation. Most of the time, because its hard to to in HS2, most of the time it would be "obscured", just like in the prologue. But...it should be clear what is going on, so ...yeah...I hope those that really avoid any kind of violence would be patient enough to skip those obscured violence...0_0;;;
  • Unfortunately :
    • I'm a solo dev
    • My body... is not at the best conditions for most of the time
    • The path between taking a girl for ourself and trading her would be mutually exclusive

means that when that plot point is reached, I would need to focus on a single path to ensure enough content for the reader.
  • Because either way, there will be some reader who would be unhappy with the path I chose develop further first, the choice would be mine to choose :D I could only hope that those that are unhappy would be patient enough to wait for their fetishes to be included 0_0;;;

But really, thank you very very much to you all for enjoying this VN. It means a lot to me :D

Last edited:

garbage.kun

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2018
Very cool concept, hope the game manages to gain some traction. Bets of luck and looking forward to further updates!

I almost missed your comment hahahah :D

Thanks!! I'm glad you still liked it despite some of its shortcomings:D

As for traction...well...hahahah. It is what it is. The story is niche, so... what will be, will be hahaha :D

Thanks again!:D

Reactions: degen987654321

ProtonMH

Sep 15, 2022
One thing I am curious about is the second folder in %appdata%/Renpy. What is the signing key used for?
Screenshot 2024-08-20 210420.png

garbage.kun

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2018
One thing I am curious about is the second folder in %appdata%/Renpy. What is the signing key used for?
View attachment 3950686

Hi ProtonMH,

Here's what i found so far (still a bit sleepy, so I could be wrong):
  • :
    "A list of keys that the game will trust when loading a save file. This can be used to allow the game's creator to distribute save files that will be loaded without displaying a warning."
  • My best guess is that renpy's save files are signed with the signing key (which renpy "tries" to make a unique one for each computer (this is just a theory of mine)), and the only save file that you can (or should) open are the ones that you created yourself, or from the dev of that specific game (since theoretically I, as the dev, can put the verifying key (taken from my development computer) in the config file of my game)
  • I think the tokens folder is shared by all renpy based games
  • I've checked the options.rpy of both my dev copy and distributed folders, and I didn't found that config set in there. (I checked both of them because renpy has a habit of adding some codes during the build process).
  • I did find in reddit some people that had deleted that tokens folder in order to use an edited save, but personally, I have never tried it.
That's what I had found about that token folder. Take it with a grain of salt though, I'm not an IT sec guy and I only know the bare minimum about this topic :)

thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: ProtonMH

garbage.kun

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2018
Current progress update :

*cough* shamelessly trying to bring traffic *cough* :p

TLDR : 41 renders, about 1K words, both are on their 2nd iteration. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Maviarab

garbage.kun

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2018
Thank you very much ProtonMH for the very kind review :D

To be honest, I was smiling like crazy when I read your review (not in a mocking way, I assure you). It was because i was struck by the thought "oh, that's right...it can be interpreted that way". Nice interpretation! :D

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Whenever I read a review, I always gets excited to write things that are actually spoilers ("But, did you notice that...") hahaha, so I have to stop myself before I ruin this story

Thank you very very much for the kind review :D

Last edited:
Reactions: ProtonMH and R1k0

ProtonMH

Sep 15, 2022
Thank you very much ProtonMH for the very kind review :D

To be honest, I was smiling like crazy when I read your review (not in a mocking way, I assure you). It was because i was struck by the thought "oh, that's right...it can be interpreted that way". Nice interpretation! :D

Whenever I read a review, I always gets excited to write things that are actually spoilers ("But, did you notice that...") hahaha, so I have to stop myself before I ruin this story

Thank you very very much for the kind review :D
So I made you reflect about the merits of your own game? That's cool, to me the whole premise looked pretty obvious so it is very interesting to see that you are actually going another way with this. I mean, the whole thing with MC being manipulated by "Mother" and "Sister" and making him less human seemed like corruption to me, but it could certainly be taken a bit out of context ^^

• Haha
Reactions: garbage.kun

garbage.kun

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2018
Thank you DerAnyme for the review :D

To be honest, I forgot to reply to your review because I ran out of ways to express my gratitude without sounding like I'm copypasting 0_0;;;

I'm glad you liked the dialogues. I agree with you that sometime when I read a book/novel, I also got the impression of "why do I need to know this? I know people normally begin with greetings and all, but...its a bit undramatic" 0_0a;

I can assure you, my earlier drafts contains more unimportant narration and dialogues hahaha:D But, in a way, Divinity's dialogues gives me an easy way out to write shorter, more to the point dialogues because the characters (for now) are either "two very close ...beings" that can meld their thought (yay for narration shortcut hahaha), or people scared out of their minds :D

speaking of short, concise dialogue, here's a very funny thing (for me) i found out 2 days ago:
Again, thank you very very much for you review:D

Last edited:
Reactions: ProtonMH

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Hi Randy,

The TLDR version is : sex scene between a character and the goblins (when they are finally implemented in the game) are avoidable, but the goblins do appear in some more plot related scenes.

I've written the full explanation here :

https://f95zone.to/threads/divinity-update-1-toasterkun.219307/post-14584961

Thanks!
I already read that before asking, but maybe that's only me, but that wasn't clear answer, it was mostly about future plans you have. Thanks for sharing your plans, but my question is more simple and practical, what I'm asking is current scenes with goblins the game has, like the ones shown in game threat are avoidable or not? Right now, not in future, like if I install the game and play can I skip/avoid these or not, that's what I'm asking here.

Rodrigoofb

Aug 24, 2020
I already read that before asking, but maybe that's only me, but that wasn't clear answer, it was mostly about future plans you have. Thanks for sharing your plans, but my question is more simple and practical, what I'm asking is current scenes with goblins the game has, like the ones shown in game threat are avoidable or not? Right now, not in future, like if I install the game and play can I skip/avoid these or not, that's what I'm asking here.
No you cannot. They are part of the game, the MC uses them as his minions, and while you can prevent them from doing too much, they're still goblins so they see some pussy and may go berserk(the MC even kills one for touching the boobs of his servant if i'm not mistaken, and it's unavoidable). Not really a fan of that but i can tolerate because the game is that good and the dev made it clear that there will be no ntr, so i imagine any scenes where the goblins get action will probably be with random girls, and even then they'll be avoidable.

garbage.kun

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2018
Ah, I understand now. I'm sorry, I misunderstood by what you meant with "scenes". I thought you meant "sex scenes", and that is why I referred you to that post.

For the scenes that are shown (I guess those would be scenes with nudity that involves goblins, but are not sex scenes)in the preview, no, those scenes are not avoidable due to plot reasons :)

Based on your question, I'm afraid this game might be not to your taste.

But thanks anyway for asking! :D

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Ah, I understand now. I'm sorry, I misunderstood by what you meant with "scenes". I thought you meant "sex scenes", and that is why I referred you to that post.

For the scenes that are shown (I guess those would be scenes with nudity that involves goblins, but are not sex scenes)in the preview, no, those scenes are not avoidable due to plot reasons :)

Based on your question, I'm afraid this game might be not to your taste.

But thanks anyway for asking! :D
Thanks for answering, shame they are not avoidable, even for plot reasons your LI getting touched and done stuff by goblins is ''no'' for me personally, just to clear things, you have any plan to make these scenes and these type of scenes avoidable in next update/updates? Or they will stay?

garbage.kun

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2018
No you cannot. They are part of the game, the MC uses them as his minions, and while you can prevent them from doing too much, they're still goblins so they see some pussy and may go berserk(the MC even kills one for touching the boobs of his servant if i'm not mistaken, and it's unavoidable). Not really a fan of that but i can tolerate because the game is that good and the dev made it clear that there will be no ntr, so i imagine any scenes where the goblins get action will probably be with random girls, and even then they'll be avoidable.
Wow, thanks Rodrigoofb! :D

I'm glad you still liked it despite those scenes are not to your taste :D

Yeah... the truth is, although some might not agree, those scenes with the goblins are needed to establish some points about the character :
  • the MC's first encounter with another aspect of his corruption (not only lust for violence, but carnal lust)
  • the MC's unwillingness to allow something that he perceives as dirty (the goblins) to touch something that he wants
  • Illa's dislike for the goblins, where she even refuses to use their language, and instead uses sign language
  • etc
Thanks again Rodrigoofb!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rodrigoofb

garbage.kun

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2018
Thanks for answering, shame they are not avoidable, even for plot reasons your LI getting touched and done stuff by goblins is ''no'' for me personally, just to clear things, you have any plan to make these scenes and these type of scenes avoidable in next update/updates? Or they will stay?
Oops, I was typing my answer to rodrigoofb when you replied, and the answer is partially in my response to his.

Yeah, I'm sorry, but that scene is needed to show those things I pointed out, and to be honest, I don't have any idea to "show" those points without the MC taking action when it actually happens without resorting to a ...long exposition which i hope to avoid.

Therefore, due to my lack of writing skill, I have no plan of making those scenes avoidable, because i don't know how to keep the consistency of the rest of the story if those parts are avoided and replaced by an exposition.

Again, I'm afraid this game might not be for you. But, again, thanks anyway! :D

Last edited:

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Oops, I was typing my answer to rodrigoofb when you replied, and the answer is partially in my response to his.

Yeah, I'm sorry, but that scene is needed to show those things I pointed out.

Again, I'm afraid this game might not be for you. But, again, thanks anyway! :D
Alright got it, thank for answering fast, and honestly I don't really mind goblin scenes or anything that much, but MC's love interests or women who belong MC, etc, having scenes like, like other males gropping them, doing stuff, etc, are quite pointless, and makes no sense at all, by logic it
contradicts with the meaning of love interests or women who belong to MC, other women do nothing with MC (not love interests, etc) having is no problem obviously, anyways I guess I will skip the game, good luck with it (y)

garbage.kun

Game Developer
Jun 8, 2018
Alright got it, thank for answering fast, and honestly I don't really mind goblin scenes or anything that much, but MC's love interests or women who belong MC, etc, having scenes like, like other males gropping them, doing stuff, etc, are quite pointless, and makes no sense at all, other women do nothing with MC having is no problem I think, anyways I guess I will skip the game, good luck with it (y)
No prob!:D

Have fun enjoying the rest of your weekend :D

Reactions: RandyPhoenix
5.00 star(s) 13 Votes